Saturday, September 16, 2006

To Understand a Madman

I was logging on to the internet and noticed the following news headline from my ISP…”Saddam saw Al-Queda as a threat.”

After searching my memory banks overnight I woke up realizing ‘Well, yeah!’ I mean so did lots of Arab countries. That’s why the Saudis bribed Bin Laden to leave the country, and why the Sudan offered him to Clinton (who turned them down).

Aside from questioning the accuracy of the article, working with Al-Queda while viewing them as a threat is a very Sun-Tzu thing to do (“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer”). It also fits with the old Arab proverb “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Both had/have a much more intense interest in wiping Israel off the map (to name one) than any disagreement they might have with each other.

But Saddam was far too upstanding a guy to stoop to such subterfuge, right?

….right?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?